Friday, October 27, 2006

Week12 - Improvisation Project - 19 Days

Every improvisation class is different, and our final session together was no exception. Our sessions are very hit and miss. I think we were close to hitting something again this week, but we may have just missed it. I never really felt anything whilst playing my bass and struggled with the heavier songs we attempted.

It was possible that we never really settled after experimenting with the 7/8 assymetric time signature that David Harris suggested. It was again disappointing that we did not have the full group together.

The performance will take place in 3 weeks time and hopefully we will produce something impressive. I am trying to decide whether to continue playing on 2 bass strings or bring a 4-string bass with me. Will the full range help to expand my playing or make me try and do to much?

Albums that made this blog possible:
Ska-core The Devil and More by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home