Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Am Going To Start A Countdown To The End Of The Degree

Week 9 was not a startling week. It just zoomed by. I am happy for the weeks to go by fast because it means the end of the degree is coming soon. I need to make sure that I get enough work done and am learning enough in these last, fast weeks. The Improv project has already been discussed for the week so I will start with Audio Arts.

An interesting class was Sound Design. The tutorial addressed what to do once you get the vision/movie that you are going to do the sound for. Hopefully, I will get a movie soon. The animations mentioned in class sound promising. The deadline is getting closer and closer, so a plan of attack will be essential. Ashley discussed the creation of a LOG SHEET and a master sound sheet as the way to do this.

The focus of Creative Computing was the Karplus-Strong (KS) method of Physical Modelling. Recreating the examples was simple enough, but trying to come up with new sounds from it is challenging. In my next blog, I will attempt to overcome this challenge and see where KS method will get me.

Lately, I feel that my blogs have not been interesting enough. They just seem a bit bland and I am not completely sure how I am going to rectify that. Maybe something will happen in week 10 that will unearth some gold from me.

REFERENCES:
Haines, Christian. 2006. Physical Modelling. Tutorial presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 5 October.

Klose, Ashley. 2006. Sound Design(7). Tutorial presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 5 October.

Albums that made this blog possible:
Armed Love by The (International) Noise Conspiracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home