Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Save the Stew - 29 Days

Here is quick update of Music Technology in week 10:

Most of the Audio Arts class was spent looking at the I/O and track setup in ProTools. I really hope that a template or screen shots are provided for us, as this is something I usually struggle with. When it comes to the project, I want as few side issues as possible to deal with. I think that I now have a movie in the pipeline, but due to other work can not yet get my teeth into it. In the not-too-distant future I think it would be useful for each of us to have a one-on-one session for at least 20-30 minutes with Ashley to discuss our projects. That would be very useful.

Creating our own custom built granular synth patches was the focus of Creative Computing. I will hopefully post some code when I can figure it out. I would really like to try and modify some of the other processes that have been examined, but I have not yet been able to build the example patch. On the positive side of things, I submitted a preProduction plan that I am confident will result in a good-sounding and achievable project.

This post is now complete.

REFERENCES:
Haines, Christian. 2006. Granular Synthesis (2) & Array Sequence. Tutorial presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 12 October.

Klose, Ashley. 2006. Sound Design(8). Tutorial presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 12 October.


Albums that made this blog possible:
Caught In the Act by Royal Crown Revue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home