Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Week2 - SuperCollider - Splice and Dice

Here lies my Splice and Dice code. It is actually quite small compared to other SuperCollider exercises. Not building a SynthDef helps to keep it short.

The sound file that I used was my mixdown from my major project of the previous semester. I think that it sounds interesting, but I could probably do more with it. I tried to put a schedule clock into my code, but once I executed the code, a warning came up in the feedback window. I can't remember exactly what the warning was, but I think it was something to do with not being able to clear.

Splice and Dice
(
//Global Variables
~thisPath = (PathName.new(Document.current.path)).pathOnly;

//Buffer Sounds
~sf = BBCutBuffer(~thisPath++"MixDown.wav");)

(
//Setup Clock
~clk = ExternalClock(TempoClock(1.1));
~clk.play;

//Cut
~cutB = CutBuf1(~sf, 0);

//Playback
~bufC = BBCut2([~cutB, CutMixer(0, 1.0, 1.0, {0.5.rand})]).play(~clk);
)

//Mod TempoClock

~clk.tempo_(0.01);
~clk.tempo_(1);
~clk.tempo_(21);

//Free Buffer
~bufC.free;


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home