Friday, August 04, 2006

Week2 - Improvisation Project

This is my entry regarding the improvisation project for Forum Workshop. Before splitting into our groups improvisation was discussed, and my impression of improvisation in relation to group work is of something very constructed. By this I mean that we have 12 weeks to explore musical creativity through processes of group improvisation. So each week, we are going to build upon ideas of how to improvise within our groups. Decisions have to be made about what instruments will be used, how particular sources of sound will be prepared and to what extremes we are prepared to go? I recall that in the workshop there was significant discussion by Stephen as to the group dynamics and I find that I am the only third year in the group. Issue or non-issue? I think I will just incorporate some SuperCollider into the improvisational pool.

REFERENCES:
Whittington, Stephen and Harris, David. 2006. Forum Workshop. Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, EMU Space, University of Adelaide, 3 August.

Albums that made this blog possible:
Another Day Goes By by Scarlet Brow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home